Once I accepted the reality that box mixes would not be a part of my life here, I began to search for an easy and tasty "from scratch" brownie recipe. This is the one I settled on and use all the time:
"I have had MANY brownies and I have to say that these are BY FAR the best brownies I have ever had (and they aren't difficult to make)!" (quote from RecipeZaar)
SERVES 16 , 16 YUMMY Brownies
*3/4 cup butter or margarine
*4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (I use cocoa: 3Tbs to 1Tbs oil = 1 ounce)
*2 teaspoons vanilla
*2 cups sugar
*1 1/3 cups flour
*chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9x9-inch square pan w/ cooking spray.
2. On the stove over medium-low heat, melt chocolate and butter in a medium pot.
3. (Remove from heat.) Mix in eggs, vanilla and sugar until combined.
4. Add in flour, mix well.
5. Pour into prepared baking dish, and sprinkle w/ chocolate chips if you want a true chocolate experience.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool , cut into 16 bars.
This recipe was originally posted here. I purposefully changed the name on my recipe to "Thank you God for a delicious, easy Fudgy Brownie Recipe." This time around I added peanut butter chips inside and out.