Wednesday, December 7, 2011

E is for Expressive Canines


Dogs can be extremely expressive.  Their deep, pitiful eyes lock on to yours, wearing down your will until you rise from the computer and feed them or take the much anticipated walk.  Our current visiting guest pet has an adorable way of pawing and whimpering his pleas, all the while his body remains taunt like a spring ready to bound ahead of you in the moment of response.


 Our permanent resident and precious little white poodle, unfortunately, seems to lack the dogs' amazingly sensitive sense of smell.  Her sight is also questionable. But she remains alertly snoozing on the back of the comfy chair waiting for shadows of humans, or better yet cats, to pass by in the scene below our apartment picture window.  To make up for her lack, her ears seem to be overly developed and she can, in fact, hear and acknowledge a family member's approach as he or she treads across the open paved area that leads to our stairwell doorbell.  Before the button is pressed, she is already announcing the arrival.


 And she tends to lure our boisterous house guest in to her joyous and triumphant chorus. "They're here....they're here. Quick open the door. Did you know they were here?"  Some times the puppies' untimely expressions may feel inconvenient, disruptive, or crazily noisy; but their devotion and affection are beyond compare. As I write this post, I feel deeply grateful for the intense eyes and acute ears of our own dear canine companions.


I am linking to Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday. Please check out other E-ntertaining posts here.

25 comments:

  1. Hi again!

    Love the post – both pooches are so expressive and adorable!

    Have a great week & look forward to *seeing* you again.

    Here’s mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like they keep you quite Entertained:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are just precious. My Dachshunds are very expressive with their eyes, tails and voices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pups..they are so cute... Love how they look out the window in the 1st shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! You've done an amazing job of capturing their different personalities. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, they sure can be expressive. I love to see the excitement in my dog's eyes when I come home. Both dogs are adorable. It's nice that your dog has a friend over for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh--your little cutie pies are precious!!! And so is your tuxedo cat!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable. I love dogs. Got two myself. They are my children. And yes they have expressive faces!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beauties! I love the look in their eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What little sweethearts...we have two shelties and I am continually amazed at the emotions dogs can convey...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can't live without them can you? They are beautiful and I bet your little mate is enjoying the visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the special extra senses dogs have. Our new pup has the most sensitive nose - he knows exactly what's going on, even when you try to hide it! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. expressive and embraceable!! cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Steph,
    I wanted to tell you that I have an awesome free seminar on my blog...It's called Amazing Art Adventure...it's all about creativity. I thought you might have fun with it. And I didn't realize that you have an Etsy shop! xo Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such sweeties! Sending virtual doggie treats! =>

    ReplyDelete
  16. These two are expressive as only dogs can be! Have you ever noticed they kind of have eyebrows? LOL! Definitely 'Buds'!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dogs can be a joy!! I have only had one in my entire life, but she was SUCh a good doggy!!! I have been doing some catching up on your blog and I am your newest follower! I would LOVE a follow back from ya! I am a young teacher of teenages and I would LOVE your imput on some of my "stories" from class :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the treats Stacia! :)

    And to everyone else thank you for appreciating my doggie friends and sharing about yours. It's so fun to "hear" those things. Our pets really make life a little sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cindy, I am interested in your Amazing Art Adventure seminar. I so wish to be more creative. Also, I LOVE Etsy, but do not have a shop at this point. It's my place to dream. Your shop has so many lovely things.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Some great pictures with wonderful sun showing off their furry coats. I can see it in their eyes. They love their mama!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  21. So very sweet and I completely agree! I love my puppy and would be lost without her!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello.
    Look at those faces...too cute! Pets have a way of filling the void in your heart when no one else can.
    Great photos!
    Thanks for sharing.

    For ref:
    Eleven Roses And You

    ReplyDelete
  23. What cute dogs! They are very expressive!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Expressed well!!!!!

    They are so fuzzy....

    Cute!

    A+

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They help me feel that I am some how connected out here in Blogland and not just writing to the air.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails