Thursday, November 3, 2011

Around Again

I noticed from my side column that some friends from Alphabet Thursday are at it again.  Starting with the letter "A" for the fourth time around.  Wow.  I think I was a first round participant. Time is flying by.

Around.

Life circles and cycles around and around. Makes me think of the old sweet song "Sentimental Lady" by Bob Welch.

Sentimental gentle wind
Blowing through my life again
Sentimental lady
Gentle one
(all I need)
Sentimental gentle wind
Blowing through my life again
Sentimental lady
Gentle one

I guess I am feeling sentimental tonight.  We've just returned home after watching our two youngest boys perform in the musical "Beauty and the Beast." Our oldest, after performing in seven seasons of theatrics, stayed in; preferring to watch the Saturday, closing night show with his girlfriend.

The air has a nip again. The days are getting shorter again.  We left the brightness and energy of the theater and ventured into the enveloping muffled darkness of the night.  Life is sweet and sad all at the same time as it circles around and around again.

9 comments:

  1. I've always thought of this time of year as bittersweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful post Life goes by too quickly Enjoy every moment of it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the feel of this sweet and sad post.

    But mostly sweet.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. all things go around one way or another come see my a post at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you writing about songs made me think of Joni Mitchell's song, the Circle Game. Now I'll have to go find it! It's beautiful. Very neat, for you and the kids to go to Asia (I'm supposing) with your DH. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope to run into you again! {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post made me think of a quote by Emily Dickinson..."That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet."

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth, I really like that quote. Life comes full circle in some ways, but never exactly the same. And the moments are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So wonderful to see you again and what a beautiful post, Miss Steph. You captured my emotions so perfectly here. I wish I could make the circles slow down.

    This reminds me of that song:

    Yesterday I child stepped out to wonder
    Caught a dragonfly inside a jar
    fearful when the sky was full of thunder
    and tearful at the falling of a star.
    And the seasons, go round and round
    The painted ponies go up and down
    We're captured on this carousel of time
    We can't return we can only look behind
    from where we came
    and go round and round and round in the circle game.

    Gosh.

    This post really touched my heart.

    Thanks for sharing it.

    Hugs and A+

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They help me feel that I am some how connected out here in Blogland and not just writing to the air.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails