Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thankful Thursday - #s 11-20


It has been a little more work to cultivate a thankful heart this week. But here is my list which I'm sure only scratches the surface of what could be said.

I am thankful for:

11.Encouragement and accountability to "be still" and acknowledge all that I have to be thankful for.

12.God's perception, assessment, approval of me being totally based on His Love and Grace and not on what I can do (particularly when I feel discouraged, behind the ball, or overwhelmed).

13.Transplanted New Orleans' friends that share their King Cake.

14.Teachers and counselors who genuinely care for my boys and communicate with us.

15.A doctor participating in this weekend's boy scout ski trip that my youngest broke his wrist snowboarding on last year :).

16.A package with a new doll arriving some time soon to look forward to.

17.Blog posting which can look so neat and pretty on the page and allows me to express my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and memories.

18.A family I love and who, amazingly enough, loves me.

19.A new day in which the concerns of last night, though still present, don't seem so large and daunting.

20.Genuine, caring friends.

Thankful Thursday is hosted by Rhondi at Rose Colored Glasses.

2 comments:

  1. Those are all great things to be thankful for. Isn't it amazing how quickly being thankful can change our perspective? I hope your "concerns of last night continue to fade".
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things are much better. Thank you Rhondi.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They help me feel that I am some how connected out here in Blogland and not just writing to the air.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails