Friday, January 22, 2010

Margaret's Pound Cake

This Fall I brought this recipe back from my mother's kitchen. It makes an easy and delicious small pound cake. Instead of pouring the batter into a tube pan, I use two medium-sized bread pans. Margaret is one of my mother's dearest friends and a wealth of elegant "made from scratch" recipes. I checked online to be sure I wasn't giving away any family secrets and found several pound cake recipes with evaporated milk; so I think it's okay to share:

Thank you to Helena Normark of Graphic Garden for this sweet recipe card. She has many other lovely graphics for sale on her site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. They help me feel that I am some how connected out here in Blogland and not just writing to the air.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails